Tuesday, November 15, 2011

My sewing.

 Well I have gotten very into sewing lately.  With embroidery. Hemming and fixing the family's clothes, and darning. But also I am very into (or as Katie would say "obsessed") with the 19th century. or, the 1800's. or even more specifically, the Regency era. you know, Sense and Sensibility, Pride and Prejudice, Emma, Northanger Abbey, and Persuasion. (I haven't seen or read Mansfield Park yet.) Mostly Jane Austen. Though I really like Jane Eyre as well. Anyway. with both those things. I am now making three Regency era dresses. and Two jackets, and some )I do not know how many yet) Bonnets. Like I said. Katie would say I was obsessed. so I have bought patterns and fabric for two dresses, and most of the fabric for the jacket. I still need the lining fabric and the clasps. any way here are some picture of what I'm doing.

These are the dress patterns that I'm using. two of the right simple one, and one of the left fancy one. but I'm going to do some changes. (I'm only going to do the two latter at first.) So, I'm going to use only the bodice of the fancy one on both I think.. well maybe I'll do one of each. but I'm going to have that, one long sleeved, one short sleeved. maybe I'll mix them. have the one with long sleeves, and the bodice of the left dress, and the dress with short sleeves, have the bodice of the right hand side dress... hmmm. Does that sound good?


And these are the Bonnet patterns that I just bought. I'm hoping to get them in the mail tomorrow. i think I shall make one of the top left. one of the top right, and one of the bottom left. it looks like the bottom two are virtually the same. and I have no idea yet what colours I'm using,( my spelling weird is art of my fascination with England and the Regency era. I also spell favorite Favourite.) so yes. Maybe I'll do one a medium brown, one a light red. not pink though. and... I have no idea what I'll do the other one. I'm just guessing here. I have to look at the fabrics before I can decide.







And... Here, I have the "Spencer Jacket". I have a dark brown Linen. it's pretty simple. and I do not know which kind of clasps I'll use. I don't like frogs though. they're to hard and take too long to clasp. so I'm using the middle pattern. but I'm going to have a long bottom like the one on the far right. so yea. Like I said pretty simple.












and that is about it. I have a wonderful grandma who is going to help me. =D I'm not nearly smart enough to do it on my own. though I might be able to do the bonnets on my own. but I don't know. they look difficult to me.   and I think I shall change my alias to.... Elinor Bennet. you know a cross between Pride and Prejudice and Sense and Sensibility. well good night!

2 comments:

  1. i am a new fashion blogger from indonesia living in singapore :) i really like your blog. i will really appreciate & it will be an honor to have u as my blog member (blog follower)

    and of course i will folback!:D also, u can mention me anytime on twitter @tiodang if you want me to check out your latest post & leave a comment ^^ ,please list me on twitter, so i will know u're my follower!! ;)

    i've just recommend your post to google!u can check it! that's what u got if you keep in touch with my blog too!! hope u will do the same ^^
    (u can add me on facebook and contact me at : cheeringwinda@yahoo.com)

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh how exciting! Sorry that I haven't responded sooner!I have finished, two dresses, two bonnets, and a corset... and a... oh yea a jacket. all from that time period. but I think that jacket looks cute my itself. I haven't taken any pictures yet though. When I do I will post them!

    ReplyDelete